Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Some Encouraging Words

I went back and read the last blog I wrote. While most of it makes sense to me, I can tell some of it was Ambien-induced! It is cool how the Lord can speak even in the midst of exhaustion though; it is kind of rare in my experience, but His intervention is what I've been praying for, so I shouldn't be so surprised to get it.

When I went back to read it, I was excited to find that nugget of truth about how the Lord wants to lead me beside still waters and restore my soul. I may feel like I need hours and hours of tea-sipping, book-reading, nap-time to make it through the day, and since I can't have that I may think I'll never get well, but in all reality, there is a rest in the Lord and in His Spirit that I can not get from hours of relaxation in the physical realm. Of all things I can change and work toward to make this life a little healthier, balanced, and happy, my time with Him and my connection to His truth are the real life-givers.

"Physical training is of some value but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come." (I Tim. 4:8) It is a relief that I needed to feel, to know that I may fail at ALL THINGS, seriously not ever get it right, but if I am dwelling in truth and love with my Maker and His Word, the most important thing is secure. That helps me chill. And for me, chilling is good!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Lyn!! I needed to hear that too. It relieves a great burden to know that I really might fail at ALL things, seriously ALL, but that I'm still secure as I endeavor to follow after Him...

    A beautiful thought to start my day. Yeah, it's after noon but the last few days have been tough ones.

    ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs to you, too! We seriously should talk some time!

    ReplyDelete